I think we all feel a bit exhausted, overwhelmed and more than likely you feel lost in all of these political conversations floating around social media and in our own homes. I, myself, feel very drained from it all. Here's a list of 20 things I would rather do than discuss politics anywhere with anyone.
1. Spend countless hours assembling a Lego village, only to watch my 4 year old systematically dismantle it in 30 seconds.
2. Wear a bikini in public.
3. Give my child access to a Sharpie.
4. Find the thing thats making my car smell like that.
5. Spend the day with Kathy Lee Gifford...(Sorry fans, but really? Ugh)
6. Fish the toy out of the toilet with my bare hands that my child has successfully lodged somewhere between "freedom" and "major plumbing emergency."
7. Get my period.
8. Ask Kelly Ann Conway for fashion advice.
9. Let my son watch Caillou.
10. Hear the words "can you wipe my butt" as you sit down for the first time all day to finally eat something besides cold coffee.
11. Go on a blind date.
12. Throw a birthday party at my home and invite a classroom of 4 year olds...then give them all Play-Doh.
13. Explain why "mommy's boobs are saggy" for the one millionth time to my son...or anyone else who asks, for that matter.
14. Let my kid nap at 4 pm.
15. Allow my son to keep licking everything he sees at Disney. (Don't ask. I have no clue what thats about.)
16. Go anywhere without at least a few hours notice so that I can prepare for the worst.
17. Let the iPad run out of battery.
18. Watch my kid try to open a yogurt tube for 20 minutes...then watch said yogurt tube explode all over the living room because "squeezing it is the best way to get it open faster."
19. Watch Frozen...again.
20. Listen to Donald Trump try to read a book to my kid's class while they ask him hard hitting questions regarding policies, both foreign and domestic.