Heres a short post we can all relate to. The Name Game aka "what we call food so our kid will eat it." Is it just us or does a food completely change if we happen to call it something our child actually relates. Here is a ridiculous list of what I have to call certain foods to get Boo to even taste them.
- Asparagus= lightsabers (and yes you must pick them up and play with them)
- Chicken or any other meat besides steak must be called "steak" or it's just not happening...
- Peas = joker balls (don't ask)
- Bowtie Pasta = Batman pasta
- Broccoli = Yoda Trees
- Green Smoothies = Alien Smoothies
- PB&J or any other sandwich (he hates bread) = Mickey Bread (?? Boo came up with this and so we go with it because really, what kid won't eat a sandwich?!!)
- Carrots = Super Man X Ray Vision Carrots
- Fish= Sponge Bob Kebab
- Chicken and Quinoa Meatballs = Super Boo Balls (yes, really…)
So, its apparent I have been desperate to get my little guy to eat a good, solid, healthy, balanced meal and I'm sure I'm not alone.
What are some names or tips you have to get these little guys to eat well?
-W and Boo