Another quick post, but I really need to vent on this issue. Preschool is killing me. Boo loves school. Kinda like a puppy will eat anything, my son just blindly loves school. It's pretty sweet, actually. And as his parent I want him to like going to school. As for me, I am dying. Here are my top 5 reasons why:
- The obvious…germs. Cough.
- I don't have enough room for all of the "art work." boxes and boxes of finger-painted "masterpieces."
- Mom-Cliques… I totally feel like I'm back in middle school (which BTW was the worst.) Admittedly, I am a little intimidated, I'm the only single parent and kind of feel like a social pariah.
- Daily feelings of parental failures. A day doesn't go by that I haven't left feeling supremely less than qualified to raise my own child because he "plays too much" or "talks about batman too much." Seriously, WTF?? He's 3 years old! Be lucky he keeps his pants on all day and hasn't flushed something important to you down the toilet.
- The Parking Lot is the fifth dimension of my own personal hell. It's survival of the fittest. You have a mad combination of children darting out into the path of oncoming cars, this one over here insisting on backing in her tour-bus-sized SUV into parking space made for a compact car, and multiple cars all backing up or around or whatever into one another. Seriously…its like the parking lot at WalMart on Black Friday.